Tactical Brass Recovery’s AR15/AR10/SCAR 17 Larue PredatOBR Brass Catcher – Operator LONG is simply the best brass catcher for AR15s, AR10s, SCAR 17s, Larue PredatOBRs on the market. Designed by and with the end user in mind, the TBR Operator Shell Catcher is feature driven, including 4 position detent 180 degree motion, gas venting, throw level mount, and NO brass catcher related malfunctions.
**Designed to be used on rifles with a measurement of 9.25" from tip of shell deflector to first Picatinny rail groove on ejection port side.**
- Longer frame allows for use with systems having a picatinny rail starting further forward as shown on the SCAR and most monolithic upper receivers.
- Compatible with SCAR 17 with standard length picatinny rail.
- Compatible with LARUE PredatOBR http://youtu.be/GRb3mbFMKhA
BRASS CATCHER FEATURES:
- Highest Capacity in the industry- holds up to 150-5.56 cases /75-308 WIN cases.
- Folding Design - TBR design allows the brass catcher to be folded up and stored on the rifle space permitting.
- NO Brass catcher related malfunctions - regardless of cyclic rate (don't try that with your brass catcher)..
- Gas Venting - TBR design allows spent gasses to vent upwards and away from the shooter instead of being bottled up and squeezed out toward the shooter.
- Throw Lever Mount - Utilizes a true locking throw lever mount, no tools required for adjustment on both in-spec and out of spec picatinny rails. (TBR uses the highest quality mounts in the industry.)
- Minimal Profile - for cqb/aviation/maritime operations.
- Unobstructed View - of ejection port area with brass catcher in place allowing the shooter to make the “next decision” faster during a stoppage/malfunction.
- No Extra Noise! - None of that annoying “box” noise… Rigidly flexible design allows the brass catcher to absorb impact when encountering tight spaces during CQB. Also does not create any resonance so you get none of that extra noise that solid aluminum or plastic boxes are known for. Does not make noise when contacted by other objects like a branch or wall as you pass by.
- 4 Position Detent - feature allows 180 degrees of motion of the Operator Brass Catcher frame. Allows the brass catcher to be moved out of the way to deal with hard malfunctions such as double feeds or failure to extract. also allows a range officer to observe the safety condition of the weapon from a distance. This feature also comes in handy during temporary or long term storage.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
19 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I put off this purchase for two years thinking it was a total luxury based on the price of similar products of simpler design. I was completely wrong. The functionality of the bag system coupled with being able to flick it out of the way of the chamber is worth every penny. I put it through a week long Montana prairie dog torture test basically unproven and it was flawless the entire time. I spend all winter hand loading cases for my yearly hunt and they are somewhat precious after all the steps I go through to make an AR platform act like a precision rifle. I shot 2773 rounds and came back with EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. This purchase passed two tests: I can't build it myself for the same money , and it worked better than advertised. I never chased brass. As a bonus the bag is large enough to hold my entire bulk individual lots of headstamps and sort outs. As side benefit is that it let my walk miles away from the shooting table and still be organized. I could flip it and toss it while walking and the flap still held all the brass. It works just as flawless on all my .308 as well. This huge and overwhelmingly positive review is so you don't agonize over your gun dollars-- we all know you're sitting on the couch putting a build together in your head wondering why you would buy this first instead of that adjustable trigger or match grade BCG. Surprise yourself and move this up the priority list. Annnnnd yes, I'm secretly hoping TBR will read this and send me another one even though I have the quick attach model and can move it between guns. It's THAT awesome.
I took a chance based on another fellow competitors experience with the TBR device for an upcoming match in Wyoming. I was going to be shooting a 6mm Creedmoor that has relatively expensive brass when compared to a 223. There would not be any time during the match to pick up brass and posed a potential problem when shooting 300 rounds over 2.5 days. Brass recovery was a snap, but the Range Officers really appreciated the ease of showing a clear chamber before moving to the next shooting position. I shot up to 80 rounds in one session that posed no feeding or extraction issues. This was a win that essentially paid for itself in it first outing with the recovery of 100% of the fired brass.
I bought the long unit and it works great on my Scar 17, AR, and AR pistol. well engineered and well build. It allows my Left handed son to shoot the rifles as well. will buy more of these..
I've seen lots of brass catchers, but this is the best of what is in the market. High quality and nicely made. I got a Operator Long model for AR10 and SCAR 17. It fits lots of my other guns as well from AR9 to AR15 to SCAR. Well built quality product that could last a lifetime.
Once you start using high end Ammo with excellent brass you would like to get the most use out of your purchase. This product allows you to retain the brass for reloading, whether you are at the range or hunting for critters. Thumbs up.
Fits, works and looks good. Folds down and out of the way. Saves my back and I have all my brass! Yes there are cheaper bags but they are inferior and aren't near as cool. I am happy with it
i had another bc with a wire type frame and cloth bag. was always smashing it or concerned about ruining it. grew tired of having to fix it after dynamic shooting or movement. the TBR is 100x more rugged and does a superior job in all aspects. it is pricey but so is everything else worth having
I needed this product as we were shooting a commercial for 511 Tactical on BLM Land in the California Desert. We were shooting from a Little Bird at targets on the ground and we could not let the brass fly. The Tactical Recovery System worked PERFECTLY and not one casing was lost. I used it on a SCAR 17 and it was amazing!
Used my Scar 17 BC ( this is the brass catcher for charging handle on left side only - couldn't wait for the one that works on whichever side the charging handle is on on the SCAR 17 ) for the first time @ the range today. This is the ticket if you save brass. Quality build, very functional ( swings forward out of the way of the ejection port so range master can see receiver/breach flag easily. Unit works perfectly & is way easier than my previous method of using a hat draped over the ejection port. From what I've seen it is more $'s but now that I've used it I want one for my Sig556 too. If you have the budget & the need it's totally worth it IMO.