Tactical Brass Recovery’s M249 SAW/MK46– HIGH RAIL POSITION Brass Catcher for M249 and MK46 equipped with upper RAS rail system or modified FN forearm. This shell catcher is feature driven, including 4 position detent 180 degree motion, gas venting, throw lever mount, and NO brass catcher related malfunctions.
- Will catch brass, belted ammunition, and disintegrating m27 belt links
- Install Kit for installing rail on FN forearm handguard included upon request, instructions, when placing an order leave a comment requesting the kit. INSTRUCTIONS FOUND HERE
- Does Not interfere with immediate action on M249, mounts to upper RAS rail or modified FN forearm handguard. – allows access to Charging Handle.
- Bag Capacity:200 to 300 cases and links. see photos.
- **If you are not sure which handguard you have email us and we will help you identify your handguard.**
- Interior strike/wear surfaces lined with stainless steel.
BRASS CATCHER FEATURES:
- NO Brass catcher related malfunctions - regardless of cyclic rate (dont try that with your brass catcher)..
- Gas Venting - TBR design allows spent gasses to vent upwards and away from the shooter instead of being bottled up and squeezed out toward the shooter.
- Throw Lever Mount - Utilizes a true locking throw lever mount,no tools required for adjustment on both in-spec and out of spec picatinny rails. (TBR uses the highest quality mounts in the industry.)
- Minimal Profile - for cqb/aviation/maritime operations.
- Unobstructed View - of ejection port area with brass catcher in place allowing the shooter to make the “next decision” faster during a stoppage/malfunction.
- No Extra Noise! - None of that annoying “box” noise… Rigidly flexible design allows the brass catcher to absorb impact when encountering tight spaces during CQB. Also does not create any resonance so you get none of that extra noise that solid aluminum or plastic boxes are known for. Does not make noise when contacted by other objects like a branch or wall as you pass by.
- 4 Position Detent - feature allows 180 degrees of motion of the Brass Catcher basket. Allows the brass catcher to be moved out of the way to deal with hard malfunctions such as double feeds or failure to extract. also allows a range officer to observe the safety condition of the weapon from a distance. This feature also comes in handy during temporary or long term storage.
Available in Black.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Just let you know, last Friday I took my 249 to the range with my new high rail mounted brass and link catcher installed and it worked perfectly. I couldn't be happier! No more bending over and picking up dirty and bent links or chasing brass in the bushes. Your product is very well constructed and we'll thought out. Again THANKS from a VERY satisfied customer.
Well built and easy to install. Unless you like spending trigger time picking up links/brass, this is a MUST have item.
If you have a M249 then you need this brass catcher. It works great with my M249S. No longer do you have to chase down m27 links after shooting. The installation kit makes drilling the handguard a breeze and relatively stress free. Highly recommended.
I got the opportunity to be one of the first with to own this product. The quality is first rate and the design is very solid. TBR isn't the lowest cost brass catcher out there, but I'm willing to pay for quality if there is a difference. I've tried other alternatives and there is nothing like TBR. I love the way the M249 system is set up. It's every bit as solid as my m16 system I bought. I have lots of full auto firearms and it's a challenge to make these brass catchers work 100% reliably with FA firearms, but TBR has done it and done it very well. Also customer service is top notch. I recommend their products to all my friends and customers.
I already have SCAR 17 and M-16 brass catchers so I had high expectations of the M249 product. Didn't let me down, good engineering, quality construction and the measuring template for the older non-all-rail forend was great (even when I put it on the wrong side...can't stupid proof everything). Is it expensive? Well, look what it goes on...Quality isn't expensive, cheap is.